top of page
McLean was incorporated into a village in May of 1866. The little settlement of Mt. Hope, named for Mt. Hope, Rhode Island, was three miles from the present day site of McLean. The people of Mt. Hope voted to move their colony to the extended railroad line and the village of McLean was born on June 27, 1855
Mt. Hope Township Public Library was opened on December 1, 1917 with Thelma Van Ness Brun as the first librarian
Funks Grove Township joined in June 1988 to form Mt.Hope-Funks Grove Township Public Library District.
The current library was dedicated on May 19, 2002, just one year after the Groundbreaking Ceremonies.
bottom of page